A dongle for software licensing, protection, and distribution with Windows and Linux support. Built on a high-performance 32-bit Cortex-M3 ARM microcontroller architecture. The dongle contains hardware-implemented digital signature algorithms based on elliptic curve cryptosystems and AES encryption.
Built-in 4KB of protected memory expand the possibilities for building flexible protection schemes. High resistance to hacking is achieved through a secure communication protocol between the application and the dongle. Secure remote memory update of the dongle is supported. Allows you to work without any additional drivers.
High-performance cross-platform USB dongle with asymmetric cryptography, hardware AES implementation, and the ability to work without drivers. Allows you to automatically protect applications using WinAPI or .NET platform. Equipped with tools to protect Java applications.
Guardant Sign micro
A miniaturized full-featured Guardant Sign dongle. The device is aimed at users of laptops, netbooks, and tablets. The micro dongle features a LED for indication of operating modes and protrudes from a computer by only 5mm when connected.
Guardant Sign SD
A combination of Guardant Sign dongle and removable microSD memory card. It is perfect for protection and distribution of software products. Requires no drivers or additional software to work when combined with the HID mode of Guardant Sign dongle.
Guardant Sign Net
A modern dongle for efficient protection and licensing of software running in computer networks. Provides protection at the level of local dongles by using end-to-end traffic encryption and secure license server.
Why you need Guardant Sign
Guardant Sign is a leading edge dongle that protects software from illegal copying. It sets a new level of security through a hardware implementation of digital signature and tunneling encryption of the communication protocol between the dongle and the protected application.
Various modifications of Guardant Sign dongle considerably broaden the scope of its application. Flash dongles enable the secure distribution of portable software. Micro dongles are ideal for use in laptops and tablets. Using a special adapter for the motherboard, you can install Guardant Sign inside the CPU, making protection as transparent as possible for the supply of ready software and hardware solutions.
How does Guardant Sign work
The technologies implemented in Guardant Sign dongles and software enable you to create a highly complex protection system, the hacking of which will be either impossible or economically unfeasible. The durability and reliability of protection is directly dependent on whether the protection is properly designed and implemented in the application.
In general, dongle-based protection works as follows:
- The application “binds” to the dongle using automated protection tools or a special API;
- During operation, the protected application communicates with the dongle, exchanging information based on which the dongle is “recognized”;
- If the dongle is missing or has incorrect parameters, the software does not work.
- Thus, the copying of protected software is meaningless because without a dongle it becomes unusable.
- Hardware platform
- 32-bit Cortex-M3 microcontroller.
- 4096 bytes of protected EEPROM.
- Cryptographic algorithms
- Electronic signature based on elliptic curves ECC160.
- Symmetric encryption AES-128 and GSII64.
- Hashing based on SHA-256 or GSII64.
- Tunnel encryption of the communication protocol traffic.
- Working in HID mode without additional drivers.
- Support for Windows, Windows CE, and Linux.
- Automatic protection of Win32 and .NET applications.
- Tools for protection of Java applications.
- Pseudo-code and obfuscation of protection components.
- Flash memory 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB (in Flash model).
- General characteristics
- Interface: USB 1.1 and up.
- Dimensions: 58 mm x 16 mm x 8 mm.
- Weight: 6.3 g.
Dongle-based application protection is the most reliable way to prevent software piracy. With properly designed protection, in particular when it is bound to the dongle’s cryptographic algorithms, illegal copying and distribution of the protected software becomes too complex, comparable in complexity with cryptanalysis of the most advanced encryption and digital signature algorithms.
Guardant Sign provides:
- Special mechanisms to prevent debugging and reverse-engineering of the dongle’s logic at the hardware level.
- Automatic “one-click” means of protection for all popular programming technologies.
- Protection of the vendor’s investment in its intellectual property.
- Convenient means of distribution of protected applications on dongles with flash memory.
- Versatile cross-platform API, which allows use of all the features of the dongle.
- Ultimate development tools.